Posted by : SIF domingo, 19 de enero de 2020

After watching Bright Future, Episode 77 of Boku No Hero Academia, I felt that I really really needed to write a bit about the development of the last arc in this last episode in particular (Episode 77 - Bright Future). If you have not seen this episode, please stop reading here, because you will find a lot of spoilers.


I really like Boku No Hero Academia ("Hero Academia"). It is not the best serie I have ever watched, but it is in my top list of more enjoyable series. I believe it really fulfills its role as a "shonen," which means a combination of high-action, humorous plots, and this ongoing desire of better yourselves. Hero Academia does that very well, I mean extremely well, especially when the protagonist gives an SmMMMMMAAAAAAACH in the face of the villain while the camera becomes high resolution + 60 fps. I have found myself re-watching fight scenes several times. Here, Hero Academia literally does what you wish to see in a shonen, and I love it. Yes, the history has flaws and lacks elements sometimes, but whatever, it is enjoyable and I don't think that it is aiming to something bigger than that. Hero Academia also has humor, cool character designs, and some bittersweet moments to feel the taste of a rich story.

When the 60fps begins it's because this shit became real
The arc of overhaul was fantastic for many reasons. We were introduced to these two great characters, Lemillion and Nighteye, which could have had their own manga. I really liked them. The design of Lemillion and his explosive personality were excellent (i.e., every time that he screamed Poooooooower with that awful Japanglish, was sooooo great). Then, having the badass office-manager who was the former quick-side of All Mighty was interesting because it expanded our knowledge of All Mighty time before the events of Hero Academia. But then, we were also introduced to a new conflict, which was the whole point of this arc and finished in yesterday episode; we were told that Nighteye saw the death of All Mighty with his quirk and that the future cannot be changed. My mind exploded. From that very moment, Hero Academia took another tone.

It sounds more like Puuuuuuuuuwuuuuuuueeeeeeruuuuuuuuoooo
Accordingly, the death of Nighteye did not completely surprise me because I was expecting that some character would die or be severely wounded during the final fight with Overhaul. However, I definitely thought that the only price that we would have to pay to defeat Overhaul was Lemillion losing his powers. Moreover, when Nighteye began using the recent memories of Lemillion during the fight, I believed that this would be the end of the fight. But I was so wrong. It was only the beginning of this fight.

I did not personally like every fight of this arc -the fights of Kirishima and Lemillion's friend who looks exactly like Sasuke were just O.K.-, but every encounter with Overhaul was amazing. You could see that his quirk was in another league; I would say that apparently as stronger as One4All.

But then, Overhaul began winning and beating hero after hero. Deku was next, and there was no chance of wining. Whatever, plus ultra, and go forwards. Deku kept fighting to find a chance while Nighteye watches him and said that he just saw the end of this fight with his quirk: Deku is killed and Overhaul escapes. Brutal.

Then, probably one of the most memorable moments in the series, Might+U starts playing -I became an instant fan of the singer, Makayla Phillips-. Giving lyrics to "You say run" in the fourth season was the best part of all. "You say run" is one of the most iconic songs of this series and the gift of this version with lyrics in the very climax of the season was astonishing. Everything after that was unusual. Deku fighting for the first time in 100% overhaul to stop the rewinding quirk was so stupid, but awesome. I was literally screaming at that part. Deku trying to keep destroying his body to keep track of the rewinding quirk was dramatic. I also love the idea that Deku was only that powerful to defeat Overhaul for the combination of quirks because otherwise, Deku would have been so fucking overpowered that it would have been super challenging to continue with the plot and conflict of the serie after that. I also loved that at the end, it was Eraserhead who saved Deku, which it made us realize that Deku was really about to die after fighting Overhaul and that Eri was really incapable of controlling her power -because let-s be honest, if she killed her parents with her quirk, what would she be able to control her quirk at that time. It was already too much that she was capable of activating her quirk to save Deku-.



Also, I must say that the bigger winners of this arc was the league of villains. They finally assumed the role of main villains, especially Shigaraki. Especially after the confinement of All4One, I felt that there was a vacuum that was not being filled in. After the appearance of Overhaul, I felt that he could use the role of the main villain, so I was afraid of what would happen after Overhaul was defeated. Lucky, I was wrong. Those final scenes of the league of villain taking revenge of Overhaul were fantastic. It was also great that I did not come from nothing; it was something that was being built (i.e., when Shigaraki told his subordinates that he was taking that decision of sending them to infiltrate because he knew he could rely on them. That was fantastic, I don't feel I hear that conversation from one boss to his fellow minions very often).


 Finally, I was really touched by the final scenes of Nighteye. I could not stop my tears, and I feel it has been a long time I don't feel like that with an anime. His encounter with All Mighty, with All Mighty regretting being apart of him, but then Nighteye telling him that all this time he had been trying to change the future. The subsequent dialogue with Lemillion was beautiful. Nighteye using his quirk for the last time to tell him that he will become the finest hero ever and that it was the future that should be left untouched, was deeply emotional.



There was some real stuff in Nighteye way of thought that also change me for good. He basically put in words what this symbol of peace idea is about. A hero who always smiles. Why is that so important? It is all about hope. Nighteye finally explained that a society that smiles has a bright future ahead, I really believe that he is right about it. Thank you, Nighteye, for so much.

 I don't know what will come after this (I don't follow the manga), but I'm very excited about what will happen with the one thousand character of Hero Academia.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

- Copyright © La Biblioteca de Amestris -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -