Posted by : SIF domingo, 21 de octubre de 2018

I enjoyed the third episode of Goblins Slayer. We were introduced to three new characters, whose names I do not remember, but they were really likable. Despite the fact that the elf and the dwarf were offensive copies from the Legolas and Gimli from the Lord of the Rings. The anime did an amazing job adapting the manga. I almost did not spot differences in the third episode. (Part 1; 2; 3)



For those who have no idea about Goblin Slayer, it is an anime based on a manga which is getting a lot of attention nowadays for all the gore and rape scenes displayed. The plot is about the main character, the Goblin Slayer, a silver rank hero who exclusively commit himself to low-class-goblin hunting quests.

No goblin rapes. I was happy to see an episode about the main character interacting with new interesting characters. All the third episode is about bonding and developing characters.

I have some complaints about the dialogues and jokes of the characters, but I guess it was okay overall. The dwarf was treating the elf as a child until she disclosed being over 2,000 years old while the dwarf was only over one hundred -I felt how that moment deserved some 90s-recorded laughs. Then, the dwarf mocked the elf because she had small tits while she answered that dwarf women are like beer barrels. Whatsoever, to give you an idea, it was like watching an alternative world were Tolkien was born a mangaka. Notwithstanding, it worked very well.

The third character was a shaman lizardman. I really liked the character. His dialogues were quite fun. For example, I loved his intervention when the elf and dwarf were arguing about the human translation of goblin slayer. But my favorite part was his love for the human cheese. It was also nice to learn a bit of the lizardmen society when he confessed that they do not produce dairy products because they only hunt animals for living.


I really liked the proposal of an elf being a tsundere. Since elves are well known for their ages, people tend to imagine them as very mature characters. Also, the anime was lacking a quota of energy that this character is providing.

It is not very significant but I was grateful to see an effort to provide a better background about the world expanding the idea of a conflict between different races and the existence of civilized creatures. I like the idea of other races having adventure classes too. I find that the manga did a slightly better job explaining some things but the differences were minimal and the dialogues almost identical.


If there is something that I can rescue is that the manga does a really good use of shadows and lights in the campfire scene. I do not want to imply that the anime has a poor animation, it is just that watching a limited mean being used with such much talent and skills is really cool. Also, this is personal, I hated the background chosen with the campfire. I thought it was too basic. In my opinion, the character design is high in the show, so the contrast with the desert was not pleasant. I felt like a video game where you will decrease the background graphics and field of view and keep the character details to maintain the game performance.


Anyway, I am glad that the anime and manga decided to invest some time in the characters. I would recommend to just read the manga here because the anime did not try anything different and also there are no action scenes that may justify to watch this part of the story animated.

 Prior Episode

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

- Copyright © La Biblioteca de Amestris -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -