Posted by : SIF viernes, 24 de enero de 2020

The first season of Dr. Stone is finished. My heart is broken. I guess I got used to watch this anime at the end of my week. I cannot wait for the second season which is already on the way. There was something very refreshing about this serie. It not only about all this increible gifs of Senku's faces which I really recommend to use in whatsapp or facebook mesenger, it is something more. I write this entry to give more presence to an anime that lack some spotlight the last season -disregarding the fact that crunchyroll recently began to advertise Dr. Stone-.





Debrief for those who have not seen this serie yet. The story begins 3,700 years in the future after our World was inexplicably and abruptly interrupted by a shining light in the sky that made every single human being into stone. The entire human population was petrified in seconds. However, one Japanese school boy and his best friend are somehow released from their petrified state. One of those students, Senku Ishigami, plants to rebuild their civilization through the "weapons" of science. Soon, conflict will arise, and the new formed "Kingdom of Science" will struggle to survive.

This anime had the right quota of humor and action. Also, the characters are super likeable, especially Senku. Sometimes I felt like I was watching a slice of life, because I just liked to watch Senku having fun with his friends and gathering new materials.


There is also something very satisfactory in the development and storytelling of every episode and the plot. In simple words, Dr. Stone is the best adaptation that I have ever watched of a crafting game (like Rust) mixed with a civilization franchise game. Sometimes they even joke about that with reward effect sounds when they get a new item in their inventory like glass or soaps. There are literally whole episodes committed to mining and refining certain material difficult to get. I never thought I would find the appeal of a "crafting" anime, but I got it. Thank you, Dr. Stone.

For instance, there is one episode that they try to create a magnet... and it was just so fucking fun. I also loved this fascination that Senku has for science because he is basically a science freak, and certain point, everyone becomes a science freak along him. It is just very lovely. I assure you you will enjoy it.


There are also a lot of explanations to keep track with Senku. I actually feel that I learned a lot about the science behind creating electricity and ramen in the Stone World, which I would love to find some youtuber trying to recreate everything that Senku did in the first season, just for the fun of finding that everything was possible (because it really looked crazy, but plausible).

The story has some very epic moments, especially when we get to know more about the World and Senku's backstory. After the end of the first season, I had a really good taste in my mouth. Therefore, I would recommend this anime as one of my favorite options. 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

- Copyright © La Biblioteca de Amestris -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -